December 10, 2016

Homemade Chocolate Spread Recipe

Assalamualaikum and hello everyone!

So one day I was craving for something sweet and chocolatey. But I was too lazy to bake anything. Then, I go to Supercook.com where you can insert what ingredients you have at that moment and they will suggest what dish can you make from those. So let's see, I have butter, egg, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract. And one of those suggestions is Chocolate Pudding! Sounds yummy aite? I clicked on the link and look at the recipe but the method is kind of emmmm idk but I don't like it hahaha.

Then I googled up "Chocolate pudding recipes" and I found an easy recipe from Hershey's website. C'mon man, it's Hershey's! Sure sedap meh :P And it is so easy, it uses cornstarch ;) After making the pudding and chilled it for a while, unfortunately, it didn't turn out like what I imagined. You know, pudding should be solid and not too runny but this one turned out to look like the Nutella spread! So, I declared myself succeed in making my own chocolate spread!

Ok enough babbling, so here is the recipe.

Homemade Chocolate Spread

2/3 cup sugar (but this is a bit too sweet to me)
1/4 cup Cocoa powder
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-1/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Methods:

Stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan; gradually stir in milk.

Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute. 

Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. 

Pour into jar. 

Chill the spread in the fridge for about three hours.

Disclaimer: I don't really know how long will it last if you don't keep it in the fridge :')

I think this spread is also good for cupcakes fillings or as a dip.

 Credit recipe: Hershey's website.

Xx.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Athirah Aziz's Copyright 2012 :)